Terms & conditions
1. This Mna Nam National Savings Month Competition (“Competition”) is organised and conducted by Sanlam Life Insurance (Pty) Ltd, including their affiliates, partners, associations and agents (“Promoter”).
2. This Competition will run from 1 July 2017 to 20 August 2017. Entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
Who can enter?
3. The Competition is open to South African residents, excluding directors, members, employees, partners, their relatives, agents and advertising agencies of Sanlam Life Insurance (Pty) Ltd (“Sanlam”) or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by Sanlam or any of the aforementioned persons. (“Participants”)
4. By entering this Competition, all Participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, and the Promoter’s decision regarding any issue with the Competition will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. No responsibility will be accepted for any entry that is not delivered, received or is delayed or damaged due to technical reasons, including telecommunication failure on the part of the Participant’s service provider, or otherwise.
How to enter
6. To enter this Competition, Participants first need to accept the terms and conditions presented within the WeChat application when following the Sanlam Official Account. These terms and conditions authorise Sanlam to monitor the number of times that a Participant tops-up the balance in their WeChat wallet by scanning to save.
7. In order to stand a chance of receiving one of 200 limited edition Mna Nam bracelets, Participants will need to have saved at least once during the competition period into their WeChat wallet using the QR code displayed in the Competition’s digital marketing communications (“Mna Nam Bracelet Prize”).
8. In order to stand a chance of winning one of 5 items of Laduma merchandise valued at up to R5,000, Participants will need to save five times during the competition period into their WeChat wallet using the QR code embedded in their Mna Nam bracelet (“Laduma Fashion Prize”).
9. There are 200 limited edition Mna Nam bracelets which can be won by saving once during the period of the Competition. Prize includes courier of the bracelet to the winner.
10. There are 5 items of Laduma fashion merchandise to be won by saving at least five times during the period of the Competition. Prize includes courier of the merchandise to the winner.
11. The prizes are not transferable to any third party and are not negotiable with the Promoter or any of its agents or any third party. Prizes may not be exchanged for cash.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes for an alternative prize of equal or greater value should the prizes promoted not be available due to unforeseen circumstances.
Determination of winners & redemption of prizes
Mna Nam Bracelet Prize
13. Mna Nam Bracelet Prizes will be randomly awarded from the full list of eligible Participants and all winners will be notified via WeChat message or telephonically. Mna Nam Bracelet Prize winners will be asked to submit their address details in order to receive delivery of the prize. All information submitted will be treated confidentially. Winners will have 4 (four) working days of being notified to submit their address details. Winners or their nominated person will need to present their Identity Documents to receive the prize. If a Mna Nam Bracelet Prize winner fails to submit their addess details within the 4 (four) day period, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected.
Laduma Fashion Prize
14. All eligible entries received will stand a chance to be drawn as 1 (one) of the 5 (five) winners and will be notified via WeChat message or telephonically. Laduma Fashion Prize winners will be asked to submit their address details and clothing size (if applicable) within 4 (four) working days of being notified to receive delivery of the prize. All information submitted will be treated confidentially. If a Laduma Fashion Prize winner fails to submit their addess details within the 4 (four) working day period, the prize will also be forfeited and another winner will be selected.
All Prize Winners
15. If the winner fails to provide the Promoter with the required information to hand over the prize or product within the required period, the winner will forfeit the prize or product and a replacement winner will be selected from the names drawn from remaining qualifying Participants. This process shall continue until the winner has been contacted and the prize or product has been awarded in terms of the Competition rules.
16. When claiming the prize or upon delivery of the products, the Promoter reserves the right to request the winners to provide positive identification (including a valid identity document or passport), failing which they may be disqualified and forfeit the prize.
17. Prize winners will be required to sign an acknowledgement of receipt of their prize, and must furnish the Promoter with their names and identity numbers.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that they reasonably believe, in their sole discretion, that the winner is not eligible to win, has contravened any of these terms and conditions, has acted in a manner that is not in the spirit of the Competition, their conduct can be reasonably interpreted as scamming or circumventing the rules of the Competition, acted fraudulently with regards to the Competition, if it would be unlawful to award the prize or if the winner fails to accept the prize after 2 (two) attempts for any reason whatsoever, if after first being contacted by the Promoter, is not reachable, or the winner fails to provide the Promoter with the required information to hand over the prize. In this instance the winner will be disqualified and forfeit the prize. The Promoter’s decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Publicity and data privacy
19. The winners have the right to decline permission to use their name or image in marketing material or participate in any marketing activity. Should the winner verbally or otherwise agree to it, the Promoter may publish the winner’s name and images on, including but not limited to, the Promoter’s Facebook page or website, if applicable, without any liability to the Promoter or remuneration due to the winners.
20. By entering, a Participant acknowledges that personal information about the Participant will be shared with the Promoter and their agents to the extent necessary to conduct the Competition and for prizes to be delivered to prize winners.
21. All personal information relating to the Participants will be used solely in accordance with South African consumer and data protection legislation.
22. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the Participant or the Promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act.
23. All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of the Promoter.
Please note that the following terms require you to take on risk, limit the liability of the Promoter and indemnify the Promoter. Please read them carefully and contact the Promoter if you have any questions!
24. The Promoter reserves the right to shorten, extend, suspend the time period of the Competition or terminate the Competition whenever it should so choose for technical, commercial, or operational reasons, or for reasons beyond its control or generally for any reason whatsoever within their sole discretion. The Competition, its prizes, and terms and conditions may be amended by the Promoter, at any time during the Competition, and will be applied and interpreted within their sole discretion. In such an event, all Participants waive any rights that they may have/purport to have in terms of this Competition, and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter whatsoever.
25. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating, the Participant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless the Promoter, their associated, holding and subsidiary companies, and its directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns from any and all claims or liability arising from participating in the Competition, any Competition-related activity and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any prize.
26. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be liable in any way whatsoever, for any claims arising from loss, injury, damage or costs, suffered by a Participant in relation to this Competition or the prizes offered, including but not limited to claims relating to defects in the prizes or any losses caused by such defects or losses arising from incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by Participants.
27. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss suffered as a result of incomplete or incorrect information provided.
28. South African law shall govern these competition terms and conditions and the courts of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
29. These terms and conditions will be published on the website www.mnanam.com.